Electrical Safety – For Children
Electrical Safety Tips for Children
All children, regardless of their age, need to be aware of the dangers of electricity. While the following safety tips are for all children, there are some tips that are more applicable for older children.
- Never stick your fingers or any object into an electrical outlet or light bulb socket.
- Keep fingers and other objects out of small appliances, such as toasters, even if the appliance is off.
- Never use an appliance near a sink, bathtub or other source of water.
- Keep electrical wires and appliance cords away from sources of heat.
- Keep electrical cords away from sinks, bathtubs and other sources of water.
- Never touch any electrical appliance or device, such as a light switch, hair dryer or toaster, if you are touching water.
- Never pull an electric plug out of the wall outlet by yanking on the electric cord.
- Unplug an electrical appliance before cleaning it.
- Never use any electrical appliance if you are wet.
- If you see a worn, frayed or damaged electrical cord, tell an adult immediately.
Remember: Electricity has the power to cause burns, shocks and even death.
Swartz Electric can help you keep your children, family, and home safe.
Call 719-457-2218 today to schedule an appointment for us to come out and keep you safe.